Get Your Cigar, Diego Luna Returns as Félix Gallardo in Season 2 of Narcos: Mexico
Premiering February 13, 2020 Narcos: Mexico returns for a second season February 13, 2020 only on Netflix. If you are unfamiliar with Narcos, it is filled of action, drama, suspense, and teaches you about actual events that took place surrounding the characters with video or photos.
Diego Luna plays Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo (“Félix”), the leader of the Guadalajara cartel, one of the biggest narcos in the history of Mexico and the founder of the modern Mexican drug trade. Quiet but bold, inscrutable but sharp-minded, to all appearances he is a benevolent leader, loyal to his friends, associates, and employees…but his ambition comes before all else.
Scoot McNairy plays Walt Breslin, a hardened DEA agent whose methods aren’t always by the book. He is leading the team tasked with taking down those responsible for Kiki Camarena’s death.
Season 2 of Narcos: Mexico continues chronicling the missteps, ill-conceived agendas, and corruption on both sides of the border that have lead to a dangerous present in the failed war on drugs. It’s the mid-1980s, as Félix Gallardo’s super cartel splinters under its own dark weight and social and political shifts within Mexico prompt its desperate government’s most brazen corruption. Meanwhile, the American effort to exact revenge for Kiki Camerana’s execution leads them further away from any hope for justice. The cycle of violence rages on.
Executive Producer and Showrunner Eric Newman says of the story this season, “To understand the current level of drug violence in Mexico you have to understand how it all started, and truly grasp America’s integral role in it. The second season of Narcos: Mexico is a Pandora’s box, the contents of which we still struggle in vain, 30 years later, to try and contain.”
We can expect to see join Narcos: Mexico in season 2 including:
- Mayra Hermosillo (Falco) as Enedina Arellano Felix
- Sosie Bacon (Here and Now) as Mimi Webb Miller
- Andrés Londoño (Fear the Walking Dead) as Enrique Clavel
- Alex Knight (Legion) as Kenny Moss
- Miguel Rodarte (Time Share) as Danilo Garza
- Jesse Garcia (From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series) as Sal Orozco
- Matt Biedel (Altered Carbon) as Daryl Petski
- Jesus Ochoa (Overboard) as Juan Nepomuceno Guerra
- Flavio Medina (The House Of Flowers) as Juan Garcia Abrego
- Alberto Zeni (The Noble Family) as Amat Palacios
- Jero Medina (Belle de Jour) as Ossie Mejia
- Jose Julian (The Society) as Javier Arellano Felix
- Noé Hernandez (We Are the Flesh) as Rafael Aguilar
- Nat Faxon (Family Guy) as Ted Kaye
Be sure to check out Narcos: Mexico Season 2 coming soon to Netflix.here is the trailer from season one if you are interested!