DeAngelo Murillo is a fourth-generation Mexican-American content creator that focuses on being a game master for virtual events, online journalism for geek culture, and event organization. In 2012 he attended a local comic book convention and discovered a lack of coverage on artists/cosplayers/streamers who were POC/LGBTQ. In response, he started The Geek Lyfe which is a media outlet focused on interviewing creators and industry news.
Written, Dungeon Mastered, and live-streamed Dungeons & Dragon streams to raise over $10k for charities such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Bail Project, and Unicef USA.
Streamed for INDG!
Host of Sunday night talk show Mandatory Fun Time!
Organized and operated multiple Cosplay photoshoot events to assist local photographers and cosplayers collaborate in a safe environment with unique aesthetics.
Nominated for 2018 Hispanicize TECLA Awards for Best Technology or Gaming Content Creator
Interviewed over 100 content creators
Game Mastered a live stream with over 1000 viewers
- Adobe Premiere
- Creative writing
- Experienced game master
- Social media management
- Beard growing
- Facebook – 20,000 Followers
- Twitter – 1,300 Followers
- Instagram – 4,700 Followers
- Website – 3,000 – 5000 visitors per month
- Twitch – 337 Followers
- YouTube – 319 Followers
- Interview with actress Michele Morrow
- Interview with professional tabletop role player B. Dave Walters
- Interview with the headline guests of Virtual Crunchyroll Expo
- Interview with major cosplayer Maul Cosplay
- Interview with World of Warcraft influencer/Twitch streamer Hazelnutty Games
- Interview with Missy Suicide, Co-Owner of the Suicidegirls
- Interview with actor Eugenio Derbez
- Event organization: Dungeons & Dragons charity events 2016-2020
- Event organization: Cosplay photoshoots
- Event organization: Networking and Nakama (Networking event for Arizona creatives)
Mandatory Fun Time