Details: Uncharted 4 Collector’s Edition
Well, I knew I was going to buy it as soon as it was announced. My suspicion was confirmed when they showed the gameplay reveal at E3. And now, they just reached into my pocket, pulled out my wallet, and walked off. On March 18th, Uncharted 4 hits, and has a gorgeous collector’s edition to boot.
Just look at this. It’s magnificent. I need this statue in my life. My Arkham City Batman and The Old Republic Darth Malgus needed a new neighbor, and dammit, it’s going to be Nathan Drake.
I still remember the first time I loaded up the first Uncharted on the PS3. My roommates and I sat and marveled at the level of detail. I honestly sat there and played in the very first pool of water for minutes. Just jumping into it, to see that they actually showed his clothes getting wet, and then coming back out, to see them eventually dry off in the jungle heat.
I have much love for Lara Croft, but Nathan Drake is THE Indiana Jones character of our generation…well, at least of the video game medium. All of his games have had the perfect combination of action, an everyday hero, humor and have been some of the most amazing experiences from beginning to end. The amazing people at Naughty Dog studios have created one of my favorite franchises of all time. They deserve every ounce of respect possible for creating something so stunningly beautiful and intensely fun, from beginning to end.
I’m honestly not sure that I got all of the way through the 3rd one. But that game will be beaten within the next 6.5 months. I guarantee it. Maybe even with an article to commemorate.
Here’s the details on what’s included in the Collector’s Edition:
- A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
- Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake, and Desert Drake outfits
- Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
- Henry Avery Sigil ball cap
- Madagascar Sidekick outfits
There’s also digital packages available, if you don’t care about the physical copy:
- A digital copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Uncharted 4 Triple Pack: Includes future access to the first-ever, single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
- Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
There are also pre-order bonuses that are available for preordering the game anywhere, as well as retailer specific bonuses. I’ll leave those in the source, so you can go dig and give them some advertising revenue as well.