We’ve got some exciting new details on a fantasy deck builder game that is on Steam Early Access by the name of Gordian Quest. Feel free to check out all of the information we got from the official press release!
Mixed Realms is thrilled to announce that the fantasy roguelike deck builder Gordian Quest is now available on Steam Early Access. Combining elements of turn-based combat, strategy and deck building, Gordian Quest will have players set out on a perilous journey with their party of heroes to expel ancient curses that are rampaging the land.
In Gordian Quest players will be able to choose from a spirited cast of heroes – each with their own unique class skills – to form a party. They will set out on a grueling journey to vanquish monsters, challenge quests and explore locations like dark forests, eerie dungeons, and mysterious caves. Heroes’ abilities can be augmented through equipment gained through battles and quests. Players will also be able to train and upgrade their heroes through a unique skill grid system. Playing to their strengths, players can further nurture and customize each hero by assigning them abilities from different skill schools and letting them learn new talents. The wide range of skills and talents available make it possible for one single hero to have multiple playstyles.
With an aim to make each playthrough different from the last, players will face a myriad of variables throughout their adventures. First, maps and dungeons are always procedurally generated to offer a non-linear experience every time a player replays the game. Second, the skills and talents offered whenever a hero receives a level up will always be randomized so that players have to think on their feet how they want to customize their heroes based on the cards they are given. Items that the players find can promote a certain skill or playstyle, influencing the player’s choice on how builds are created on the fly. In the future, content from all Acts will be combined into an epic free adventure mode, featuring entirely procedurally generated worlds. Endless replayability is the ultimate goal.
Tactical combat strategy that requires highly adaptive gameplay and on-the-spot strategic thinking is key in Gordian Quest as players will constantly face a variety of enemies in turn-based combat. Players have the ability to move freely on their side of the battlefield, deploying passive and active skills in their deck strategically to deliver damage as well as anticipate and guard against enemy attacks. As enemies grow in strength, players will have to develop effective combo strategies to keep the tide of battles in their favor. Players looking for the ultimate tactical combat experience can ramp up the difficulty of their game to hardcore mode, making the threat of permadeath loom over each battle.
In future development, Gordian Quest will also feature a unique relationship system where bonds of friendship, rivalry, mentorship or even love among the heroes in the party can be uncovered to unlock secret combo abilities.
Additional features and content planned for the full version:
- Three more Acts – The completed game will feature four fully fleshed out Acts to explore – each with new heroes, skills, quests, relics, items, and NPCs to discover. Each Act will introduce new gameplay mechanics that expand on and enrich the base game experience.
- More heroes – Encounter more heroes from all over the realm and form new party combos and relationships.
- Relationship system – Future development will introduce a unique system where bonds of friendship, rivalry, mentorship or even love among the heroes in the party can be uncovered to unlock secret combo abilities.
- Shape the course of your adventure – Align yourself with different factions, embark on side quests and eventually shape the course of your adventure with critical decisions.
- Endless mode – This special mode makes the game a perpetual adventure and allows you to keep on questing, slaying more monsters and collecting more heroes, skills, relics, and weapons.
- PVP mode – Engage in skirmish fights with other players using your preferred mix of heroes and skills.
Be sure to check out more information on Gordian Quest at their official website!